In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500.
The official Android version of 4.2.2 Jelly Bean from Google does not yet supported by Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 smartphone. The proprietors of Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 may imagine Android 4.2.2 OS Jelly Bean very soon. They will catch an announcement when the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update will be available for their model.
However, many tech-lovers just can’t wait more to see Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on their Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 smart phones. Hence, those Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 users who are fancy to upgrade their smartphone with Jelly Bean manually can do so by installing CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM.
To know more about CyanogenMod, you can also view What is CyanogenMod.
Note: This tutorial will perfectly work on performing:
- Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 Jelly Bean update
- Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware
- How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini 2 Jena
Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 is featured with 800 MHz Cortex-A5 Processor, a RAM of 512 MB, and 4 GB Internal Storage. Like the previous Samsung’s Android devices, it has also created a large user base or fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look.
CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean provides an immense exhilaration to those Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 users desiring to enjoy the features of Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM. CyanogenMod, also known as simply CM, is undoubtedly the most greatly acknowledged unauthorized Android firmware, and day-by-day they are increasing their compatibility with numerous old and freshly arriving Android devices from different manufacturers, including our Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500.
Many reviews show that CyanogenMod provides much more facilities than the official Android firmware. Installing CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 will enable its user to sustain in the Jelly Bean environment.
Also, after installing CyanogenMod (CM) on your Android device, you’ll attain full access to your entire system, and then can easily run all those unpermitted apps which you couldn’t previously on the official ROM since they need root permissions.
Benefits by installing CyanogenMod custom ROM:
- Through installing CyanogenMod on your Android phone you can get full access into your phone’s internal file system, and thus you can also make potent modifications in them.
- CyanogenMod will also benefit your device by improving the performance and also by enhancing the speed of operating system of your Android device.
- One may feel some sort of irritation when he gets undesired default apps in his Android device by the manufacturers and that too without any uninstall option. In this case, if you have CyanogenMod you can easily remove the unwanted apps from your device.
- It will surely increase battery pack up of Android devices.
- Installing CyanogenMod will also enhance the visual experience of your Android device.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you an installation guide regarding installing CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 Jena. Just follow the simple steps given below.
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 only. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result.
Due to installation of CyanogenMod custom ROM, your Android device will lose its official Warranty and while flashing CyanogenMod firmware on your device, we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your Android device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of installing/flashing CyanogenMod ROM charge your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 up to a minimum of 75% – 85% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your Android device.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your Android device’s Bootloader. View here to know more about Why to unlock Android Bootloader.
- You must have rooted down your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 before applying this tutorial. You can take help from here to know more about What does Android Rooting mean.
- Please ensure that all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus, on your Android device as well as on computer must be disabled.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500. Just follow, Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
- You must download and install all the required USB drivers for your Android device.
- One must install a custom recovery image particularly for his Android device. To do this, you can download ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery and then install it over your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500. View here to know more about What is ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
- You must have installed the latest Java SDK and Android SDK on your computer. However, note here that Android SDK should be installed only when you have successfully installed the Java SDK on your computer.
Steps for installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 Jena:
From your Android device disconnect & remove the memory card and insert it in your Computer using a card reader. You must not use USB cable, since CyanogenMod do not work properly through USBs. But in-case, if you haven’t Memory-card reader then you may try to connect your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 with Computer through USB also. But we’ll always recommend you to use card reader.
Using the Internet, download CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 (Jena) download.zip file in your Computer.
Now download Android 4.2.2 Gapps.zip to your Computer.
Note: Here try to understand “What is CyanogenMod Gapps”
Since official Google apps are bundled only in official ROMs and not in custom ROMs (due to licensing issues), therefore after flashing a custom ROM on your Android device, you need to install GApps (Google Apps) separately particularly for your Android version only.
GApps consists of various apps, such as GMail, Google Play Store, Google Search, Google Backup Transport, Gtalk, Google Calendar, Google Map, Car Home, YouTube, Google Music, Google Sync, Google Docs, and Google Voice, etc.
Now, copy the above downloaded zip file in a folder named as “root” under your SD Card. Don’t run or try to open this file, just copy it in the folder.
Now, remove your memory card from the Computer. Then shut-down your Android smartphone and then again insert back memory card in the phone.
Now, enter into the Recovery Mode. For this just press the Down Volume & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
Since you are now in the Recovery Mode, select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option to wipe off all of the data and after doing it, select “Wipe Cache Partition” option for wiping off all the caches from your phone memory.
Now, move into the “Advanced” settings and there select the “Wipe Dalvik Cache” option to wipe out “Dalvik Cache” too from your Android smartphone.
Next, select the “Install zip from SD card” option, and then select the “Choose zip from SD card” option to browse into your SD Card. Now, navigate up to the downloaded “CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 (Jena) download.zip” file for flashing it on your phone.
Now get yourself back to the main menu by pressing back button and then reboot your Android phone.
After this, you’ll have CyanogenMod 10.1 custom ROM installed over your Android device. Thus now the Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 users can enjoy an almost 99.99% identical Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM in their phones.
Hope this article about How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 s6500 helped you.
Get more about Android basics:
- What is Android
- What is CyanogenMod
- Why to unlock Android Bootloader
- What does Android Rooting mean
- What is ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery