Having problem with your Dell mobile. Here is generic tutorial on how to unlock or hard reset Dell Android mobile phone. T hese are common unlock and reset methods. To hard reset specific Dell smartphone model, select model from list below and check details.Table of Content
List of Dell Mobile Models
- Dell Aero
- Dell Flash
- Dell Mini 3iX
- Dell Smoke
- Dell Streak 7
- Dell Streak
- Dell Venue 10 7000
- Dell Venue 8 7000
- Dell Venue
- Dell XCD28
- Dell XCD35
Hard reset wipes out all the data on mobile phone. Following data is completely deleted on hard reset.
- System Data
- App data
- Downloaded Apps
- WhatsApp Data
- Call Records
- Network Settings
Hard reset fixes many problems like slow mobile phone, frequest restart, virus infection, frequent hanging or freezing, memory usage etc.
- Power off Dell mobile using Power button.
- After Dell smartphone is switched off, press Power and Volume Up button together and hold them.
- After few seconds, phone will boot and you will see Dell or Android logo.
- When you see boot options, release all the buttons at that time.
- Navigate to wipe data/factory reset option using Volume buttons.
- Press Power button to confirm it.
- You will see Yes and No option on screen to wipe all the data. Select Yes using Volume button and press on Power
- button to confirm it.
- Next you will get option to reboot system. Select Reboot System Now option using Volume buttons and press on Power button.
- This will reboot phone and complete hard reset of Dell mobile.
If your Dell smartphone is properly responding to its display screen then attempt this method. This method is much preferred.
Firstly go the Home screen of your Dell, and there select the Menu icon.
In the Menu option, select the Settings icon.
Next, in the Settings option, select the Privacy icon.
Now, under the above selected option, touch the Factory Data Reset icon.
There select the Reset Phone option.
Finally, touch and select the Erase Everything option to wipe off all of the data and all the information from your phone memory.
After the completion of this process, Dell will reboot to finish the reset process.
Reset Dell Mobile using Google Find My Device
There is an option to reset Dell phone using Google Find My Device service. This is useful when you have lost your phone and want to reset phone from remote place.
Here is instructions to reset device remotely.
- Open Google Find My Device service in a browser.
- If you are not logged into Google, you will be asked to login. Login using your Google username and password.
- After logging in you will see three options such as Play Sound, Secure Device and Erase Device.
- Click on Erase Device option.
- Now you will see Erase All Data option.
- Now select Erase option and click on it.
- This will wipe all data on Dell mobile remotely.