In this article we will tell you how to root Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i 4.1.B.0.587. Here’s the procedure.
One may have heard about rooting an Android phone. After rooting a device, you’ll attain full access to your entire system, and then can easily run all those unpermitted apps which you couldn’t previously since they need root permissions. Rooting will also assist you to manage app permissions, enable Tethering, and disable bloatware, etc.
Benefits by Rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
- Through rooting this phone you can get access into your phone’s internal file system, and thus you can also make potent modifications in them.
- Rooting will also benefit by improving the performance and also by enhancing the speed of operating system of your phone.
- One may feel some sort of irritation when he gets undesired default apps in his phone by the manufacturers and that too without any uninstall option. In this case, using rooting you can easily remove the unwanted apps from your phone.
- Through rooting you can update your phone, without asking for permission from the manufacturer, using custom ROMs and upgrades.
- It will surely increase battery pack up of Android phones.
- Rooting also enhances the visual experience of your phone.
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i is featured with 1 GHz Scorpion MHz Processor, a RAM of 512MB, and a 64GB upgradable storage. Like the previous Sony Xperia’s Smartphones, it has also created a large user base or fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look.
This tutorial will definitely work when rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia having android version ICS 4.0.4 only. While working of it for latest android versions is not yet confirmed. On applying this update to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of this rooting process charge your phone up to a minimum of 75% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your phone.
- Please ensure that all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus, on Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i as well as on computer must be disabled.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i. Just follow, Settings –>Applications –>Development –>USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
Steps for Rooting Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
Firstly, download an SK17i 4.1.B.0.587.zip file to your computer.
Now, connect your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i smartphone to a computer and then copy the above downloaded file “SK17i 4.1.B.0.587.zip” in a folder named as “root” under your SD Card. Don’t run or try to open this file, just copy it in the folder.
After transferring this file, switch off your phone to enter into the Recovery Mode. For this just press the Down Volume & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
Since you are now in the Recovery Mode, select the “install zip from SD card” option, and then select the “choose zip from SD card” option to browse into your SD Card. Now, navigate up to the downloaded “SK17i 4.1.B.0.587.zip” file for flashing it on your phone.
After the completion of rooting process, you should select the “reboot system now” option to restart your device, and then reboot it in the Normal Mode.
Hopefully you’ll now view the ‘Success’ alert, or ‘Operation Finished’, or something similar to it. But in case, if you see a ‘Failed’ alert, or ‘Unable to Locate the File’, or something like this, then you must repeat the whole process once again. Otherwise, just reboot and your phone will restart.