How to increase RAM of Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to increase the RAM of Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512. Just follow the simple steps given below
Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512 is featured with 832 MHz Processor, a RAM of 290 MB, and a 160 MB of Internal Memory. Like the previous Samsung’s smartphones, it has also created a large user base or fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look.
Android Smartphone are an excellent way to take all your private and important files, images, data, and all other imperative data with you. Thus we can declare that it is one of the finest gadgets in our pocket which has plenty of information regarding you.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you how to increase the RAM of your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512. Just follow the simple steps given below.
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512 only. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of this rooting process charge your phone up to a minimum of 75% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your phone.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your Android device’s Bootloader.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512 must have been rooted down before applying this tutorial.
- You must enable “USB Debugging” mode and “Allow Mock Locations” mode on your Samsung Galaxy Ace. Just follow, Settings->Applications-> Development-> USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging and Allow Mock Locations icons.
Firstly, you must install a ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512. To do this, you can take help from here
- Download a CWM Recovery img Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512.zip file to your computer.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512 smartphone to a computer and then copy the above downloaded file “CWM Recovery img Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512.zip” in a folder named as “root” under your SD Card. Don’t run or try to open this file, just copy it in the folder. And after this disconnect your phone from your Computer.
- Now, switch off your phone to enter into the Recovery Mode. For this just press the Down Volume & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
- Since you are now in the Recovery Mode, select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” options for wiping off data and all the caches from your phone memory.
- Since you are now in the Recovery Mode, select the “Update from SD card” option, and then navigate up to the above downloaded “CWM Recovery img Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512.zip” file for flashing it on your phone.
- Now wait for about 10 minutes for flashing process to complete.
- After the completion of this process, you should select the “reboot system now” option to restart your device, and then reboot it in the Normal Mode.
- After this, you’ll have ClockworkMod recovery installed over your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512.
Steps for Increasing RAM of Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512
Firstly, download MiniTool Partition Wizard app to your computer and then install it. You may download it by just clicking it here: MiniTool Partition Wizard.
From your Android device disconnect & remove the memory card and insert it in your Computer using a card reader. You must not use USB cable, since this app may not work properly through USBs.
Now run the above downloaded app on your computer.
Next, click on the SD card and there do the right click on the “Option” icon. Then select the “Delete” option for a complete deletion of data on your SD card.
Now again do the right click on the “Option” icon. Then select the “Create New” option.
Next, choose the file type as FAT32 and there allocate the space with such an amount that you believe you’ll be utilizing.
Now, again apply the same procedure as above and choose “Create as: Primary”, so to create a new partition (external). This space will be utilized for storing downloaded apps.
Finally, select the “Apply” option to finish it. After this you may insert your SD card into your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512.
Now, download Swapper2 app to your computer and then install it. You may download it by just clicking it here: Swapper2.
Next, run the above downloaded app on your computer.
Now, allocate the Swap size as shown below:
- Minimum Size: 10MB
- Maximum Size: 256MB
But the recommended size is 32MB (you may choose whatever you want)
Now, allocate the Swapiness as shown below:
- Maximum: 100MB
- Default System: 60MB
But the recommended is 10MB (you may choose whatever you want)
Now, select the “Safe Unmount” and “Safe Remount” options.
Finally, turn on the Swap by clicking the “ON” option and then reboot your Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos GT-B5512.