Here in this post we will tell you what is ClockworkMod recovery and what are its benefits:
ClockworkMod Recovery, also known as simply CWM, has been developed by an Indian, “Koushik (Koush) Dutta” who has placed himself in one of the top positions in Android Development community. CWM recovery is based upon Android version 2.1 Eclair recovery .img (image) file. Using ClockworkMod recovery one can perform some advanced recovery and restoration processes, installation as well as maintenance functions on his Android device, which are quite difficult when done with in-built stock recovery.
This custom recovery is undoubtedly the most greatly acknowledged recovery tool for custom Android firmware installation, and day-by-day they are increasing their compatibility with numerous old and freshly appeared Android devices from different manufacturers.
There are 2 types of ClockworkMod recovery files:
- Non-touch ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery files
- Touch based ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery files
However, the touch-based recovery tool is far better than that ordinary non-touch based ClockworkMod Recovery, since it provides easiness during entering into recovery mode via four virtual buttons and eliminating the usage of physical buttons of device. But, one may still use those physical buttons, if he desire so. Many reviews show that touch based ClockworkMod Recovery provides much more facilities than the official built-in recovery of our Android device.
Benefits of ClockworkMod Recovery
By installing ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your Android device, you can achieve many benefits by very easily performing the following functions:
- Nandroid backup
- Update through .zip file options
- Gain Root consents/access
- Flash stock ROM
- Install numerous themes and kernels
- Android Debug Bridge (adb) shell
- File browser for selecting options from update.zips
Disclaimer against installing ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery
Due to installation of ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery image, your Android device will lose its official Warranty and while flashing ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery image file on your device, no one will be responsible if anything occurs to your Android device, so continue at your own risk.
Pre-Requisite of installing ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery
- For successful completion of installing/flashing ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery image file charge your Android device up to a minimum of 75% – 85% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your Android device.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your device’s Bootloader.
- You must have rooted down your Android device before applying this tutorial.
- Please ensure that all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus, on your Android device as well as on computer must be disabled.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your Android device. Just follow, Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
- You must download and install all the required USB drivers for your Android device.