In this article we will tell you how to update samsung galaxy S3 mini with android 4.1.2 I8190DXALL3 firmware using Odin. Here’s the details.
The official Android version of 4.1.2 Jelly Bean from Google is launched in Indonesia, but still it does not get supported by Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smartphones in many countries. However, many tech-lovers just want to see Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on their Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini smart phones. Hence those users who are fancy to update Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with Android 4.1.2 I8190DXALL3 Firmware can do so by using Odin.
So now we are showing you an installation guide regarding updating Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with Android 4.1.2 I8190DXALL3 Firmware using Odin.
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini only. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of this rooting process charge your phone up to a minimum of 75% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your phone.
- One must install a custom recovery image particularly for his Android device. To do this, ClockworkMod Recovery should be downloaded using the Internet.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your Android device’s Bootloader. But due to unlocking of Bootloader, your Android device may lose its official Warranty. So to overcome this, download fastboot from Internet.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Pocket. Just follow, Settings–>Applications–>Development–>USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
Steps for updating Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with Android 4.1.2 I8190DXALL3 Firmware using Odin
After transferring this file, switch off your phone to enter into the Download Mode. For this just press the Down Volume & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
Now start Odin on your PC and then connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to it.
After the successful connection, wait for a while and then you’ll see an ID:COM box with its COM port id will swap into yellow colour.
Now in the above downloaded and then extracted files, flash and install the following files in your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
- Click on the PDA option, and then choose a file named as CODE.
- Click on the Phone option, and then choose a file named as MODEM.
- Click on the CSC option, and then choose a file named as CSC.
- Click on the PIT option, and then choose .pit file.
Now in Odin, choose F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options. It should be noted here that if you previously choose .pit file, then just select and click on Re-partition option otherwise don’t.
Now click the Start option for initialising the installation process.
After the completion of this process, you should select the “reboot system now” option to restart your device, and then reboot it in the Normal Mode.
After this, you’ll have Android 4.1.2 I8190DXALL3 firmware installed over your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Thus now the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini users can enjoy Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I8190DXALL3 firmware in their phones.