How to install TWRP recovery on at&t LG Optimus G E970
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to install TWRP recovery on at&t LG Optimus G E970:
The official ClockworkMod recovery image does not yet supported by at&t LG Optimus G E970 smartphone. The proprietors of at&t LG Optimus G E970 may imagine the latest ClockworkMod recovery image very soon. The at&t LG Optimus G E970 users will catch an announcement when the latest ClockworkMod recovery .img file will get available for their model. However, many tech-lovers just can’t wait more to see the latest CWM recovery file on their at&t LG Optimus G E970 smart phones. Hence, those users who are fancy to upgrade their smartphone with CWM touch recovery manually can do so by installing TWRP touch recovery image file.
Team Win Recovery Project, also known as simply TWRP, is undoubtedly another greatly acknowledged recovery tool used for custom Android firmware installation, and day-by-day they are increasing their compatibility with numerous old and freshly arriving Android devices from different manufacturers, including our at&t LG Optimus G E970. TWRP recovery provides almost the same benefits we get from ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery.
This touch based recovery tool is far better than that ordinary non-touch based TWRP recovery, since it provides easiness during entering into recovery mode via virtual buttons and eliminating the usage of physical buttons of device. However, one may still use those physical buttons, if he desire so. Many reviews show that touch based TWRP Recovery provides much more facilities than the official built-in recovery of our Android device.
Note: This tutorial will also perfectly work upon performing:
- How to flash touch based TWRP recovery for at&t LG Optimus G E970
Advantages of installing TWRP Recovery img on at&t LG Optimus G E970:
By installing TWRP recovery on your Android device, you can achieve many benefits by very easily performing the following functions:
- Nandroid backup
- Update through .zip file options
- Gain Root consents/access
- Flash stock ROM
- Install numerous themes and kernels
- Android Debug Bridge (adb) shell
- File browser for selecting options from update.zip
at&t LG Optimus G E970 is featured with 1.5 GHz Quad-core Krait Processor, a RAM of 2 GB, and a 16 GB internal memory. Like the previous LG’s devices, it has also created a large user base or fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you a tutorial on how to install TWRP recovery on at&t LG Optimus G E970. Just follow the simple steps given below:
This tutorial will definitely work when using at&t LG Optimus G E970. While working of it on any other model is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of this process charge your Android device up to a minimum of 75% battery.
- Please ensure that all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus, on your at&t LG Optimus G E970 as well as on your computer must be disabled.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your Android device.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your at&t LG Optimus G E970. Just follow, Settings à Applications à Development à USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your Android device’s Bootloader. View here to know more about Why to unlock Android Bootloader.
- You must have rooted down your at&t LG Optimus G E970 before applying this tutorial. You can take help from here to know more about What does Android Rooting mean.
- You must have installed the latest Java SDK and Android SDK on your computer. However, note here that Android SDK should be installed only when you have successfully installed the Java SDK on your computer.
- You must install all the required USB drivers for your at&t LG Optimus G E970.
Steps for Flashing/Installing touch based TWRP Recovery img on at&t LG Optimus G E970:
Firstly, download Fastboot.zip and TWRP recovery 18.104.22.168 for at&t LG Optimus G E970 download.img files to your computer.
Now, extract and copy both of these files to the following directory:
After extracting the above downloaded files, switch off your phone to enter into HBOOT.
NOTE: Understand the complete process for HBOOT.
a) Shut down or power down your Android device.
b) When it is completely OFF, first take out the battery and then again place it in your Android device. Now, press the Down button of volume as well as Power button of the device simultaneously, and when your Android device powers up then only release them.
c) Now you have the Bootloader screen on your device, and you will view HBOOT and when lower down, you must see Recovery, Fastboot, etc. After this, using the up/down keys for volume, select the ‘Fastboot’ option and then press down the Power button of your device. This makes your Android device to start as normal.
Next, open the command prompt in the following directory of your computer:
Now, type the following in above opened command prompt and then press enter:
Now click on RECOVERY option in FASTBOOT menu to enter into the Recovery Mode.
Since you are now in the Recovery Mode, select the “install zip from SD card” option, and then select the “choose zip from SD card” option to browse into your SD Card. Now, navigate up to the downloaded “TWRP recovery 22.214.171.124 for at&t LG Optimus G E970 download.img” file for flashing it on your Android device.
After the completion of flashing process, you should select the “reboot system now” option to restart your device, and then reboot it in the Normal Mode.
After this, you’ll have TWRP touch recovery installed over your at&t LG Optimus G E970.
Get more about Android basics:
- What is Android
- What is CyanogenMod
- Why to unlock Android Bootloader
- What does Android Rooting mean
- What is ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery