In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to flash/install ClockworkMod touch recovery 18.104.22.168 on Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777.
ClockworkMod, also known as simply CWM, is undoubtedly the most greatly acknowledged recovery tool for custom Android firmware installation, and day-by-day they are increasing their compatibility with numerous old and freshly arriving Android devices from different manufacturers, including our Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777.
This touch-based recovery tool is far better than that ordinary non-touch based ClockworkMod Recovery, since it provides easiness during entering into recovery mode via four virtual buttons and eliminating the usage of physical buttons of device. However, one may still use those physical buttons, if he desire so. Many reviews show that touch based ClockworkMod Recovery provides much more facilities than the non-touch based ClockworkMod Recovery.
Advantages of installing ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777
By installing ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777, you can achieve many benefits by very easily performing the following functions:
- Gain Root consents/access
- Flash stock ROM
- Update through .zip file options
- Nandroid backup
- File browser for selecting options from update.zips
- Android Debug Bridge (adb) shell
- Install numerous themes and kernels
To know more about ClockworMod recovery, you can also view What is ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777 is featured with 1.2 GHz Dual-core Cortex-A9 Processor, a RAM of 1 GB, and 16/32 GB Internal Storage. Like the previous Samsung’s Android devices, this gizmo has also created a large user base or fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you a tutorial how to flash/install ClockworkMod touch recovery 22.214.171.124 image on Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777. Just follow the simple steps given below:
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777 only. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of this process charge your Android device up to a minimum of 75% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your device.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your Android device’s Bootloader. View here to know more about Why to unlock Android Bootloader.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777. Just follow, Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
- You must have rooted down your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777 before applying this tutorial. You can take help from here to know more about What does Android Rooting mean.
- Please ensure that all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus, on your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777 as well as on computer must be disabled.
- You must download and install all the required USB drivers for your Android device.
- You must have installed the latest Java SDK and Android SDK on your computer. However, note here that Android SDK should be installed only when you have successfully installed the Java SDK on your computer.
Steps for installing/flashing ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 126.96.36.199 Image on Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777
Firstly, download the latest Odin_v3.07.zip to your computer and then install the application after getting it extracted.
Now download CWM Touch Recovery 188.8.131.52 Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777.zip file to your Computer and then extract it to get the CWM Touch Recovery 184.108.40.206 Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777.img file.
NOTE: Convert “.img” file to “.tar.md5” file
Now, it should be noted here that we have .img file in our hand, but since Odin can flash .tar file only, so we have to convert this .img file to a .tar file. For Windows, converting an .img file into .tar file is a very complex procedure, so we have prepared an easy solution, following which you can very easily use your downloaded recovery .img file in Odin. For that you just have to run the following commands on some Linux partition to convert your .img file into .tar.md5 file:
After converting the above downloaded file, now prepare your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777 to enter into the Download mode. For this just switch off your phone and then press the Down Volume button & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
Now start Odin on your PC and then connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777 to it through USB.
After the successful connection, wait for a while and then you’ll see an ID:COM box with its COM port id will swap into yellow colour.
Now under the Odin’s settings, select the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options.
Now, after pressing down the PDA key/button, choose the above downloaded and then converted CWM Touch Recovery 220.127.116.11 Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777.tar file.
Now click the Start option for initialising the installation process and then wait for the process to get finish.
When process completes, you’ll view a text “PASS” in Green colour.
After the completion of this process, you should select the “reboot system now” option to restart your device, and then reboot it in the Normal Mode.
After this, you’ll have ClockworkMod recovery touch recovery 18.104.22.168 image file installed over your Samsung Galaxy S2 at&t i777.
Get more about Android basics: