In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to install ClockworkMod recovery image on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
ClockworkMod, also known as simply CWM, is undoubtedly the most greatly acknowledged recovery tool for custom Android firmware installation, and day-by-day they are increasing their compatibility with numerous old and freshly arriving Android devices from different manufacturers, including our Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 is featured with 1 GHz Cortex-A8 Processor, a RAM of 512 MB, and 8/16 GB Internal Storage. Like the previous Samsung’s smartphones, it has also created a large user base or fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you a tutorial how to flash/install ClockworkMod recovery image on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Just follow the simple steps given below:
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 only. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of this process charge your phone up to a minimum of 75% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your phone.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your Android device’s Bootloader.
- You must have rooted down your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 before applying this tutorial.
- Please ensure that all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus, on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 must be disabled.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. Just follow, Settings-> Applications-> Development-> USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
- You must install all the required USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
Steps for Flashing/Installing ClockworkMod Recovery Image on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
Firstly, download Odin3 v3.04.zip files to your computer and then install the application after getting it extracted.
Now download CWM 18.104.22.168 Recovery Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.zip file and then extract it.
NOTE: Convert “.img” file to “.tar.md5” file
Now, it should be noted here that we have .img file in our hand, but since Odin can flash .tar file only, so we have to convert this .img file to a .tar file. For Windows, converting an .img file into .tar file is a very complex procedure, so we have prepared an easy solution, following which you can very easily use your downloaded recovery .img file in Odin. For that you just have to run the following commands on some Linux partition to convert your .img file into .tar.md5 file:
After converting this file, switch off your phone to enter into the Download Mode. For this just press the Down Volume button, & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
Now start Odin on your PC and then connect your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to it through USB.
After the successful connection, wait for a while and then you’ll see an ID:COM box with its COM port id will swap into yellow colour.
Now under the Odin’s settings, select the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options.
Now, after pressing down the PDA key/button, choose the above downloaded CWM 22.214.171.124 Recovery Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.tar file.
Now click the Start option for initialising the installation process and then wait for the process to get finish.
When process completes, you’ll view a text “PASS” in Green colour.
After the completion of this process, you should select the “reboot system now” option to restart your device, and then reboot it in the Normal Mode.
After this, you’ll have ClockworkMod recovery installed over your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.