How to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. Here’s the complete detail.
The official Android version of 4.3 Jelly Bean from Google was not supported by Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 smartphones. Many tech-lovers just can’t wait more to see Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N firmware on their Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 smart phones. Hence, those Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 users who are fancy to upgrade their smartphone with 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware can perform so, as shown here in the following instructions.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you an installation guide regarding how to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. Just follow the simple steps given below.
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 only. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result.
Due to installation of this ROM, your Android device will lose its official Warranty and while flashing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N firmware on your device, we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your Android device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of installing/flashing this ROM charge your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 up to a minimum of 75% – 85% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your Android device.
- If you have not, then you must unlock your Android device’s Bootloader. View here to know more about Why to unlock Android Bootloader.
- You must have rooted down the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 before applying this tutorial. You can take help from here to know more about What does Android Rooting mean.
- Please ensure that all your security suites, like firewall and antivirus, on your Android device as well as on computer must be disabled.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. Just follow, Settings –> Applications –> Development –> USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
- You must download and install all the required USB drivers for your Android device.
- One must install a custom recovery image particularly for his Android device. To do this, you can download ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP Recovery and then install it over your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505. View here to know more about What is ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
- You must have installed the latest Java SDK and Android SDK on your computer. However, note here that Android SDK should be installed only when you have successfully installed the Java SDK on your computer.
- The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N firmware will not support the Odin software. So just simply flash it on your own.
- When installing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N on your device, it might be possible that it may not even call the unlocking of bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505.
Steps for installing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505
From your Android device disconnect & remove the memory card and insert it in your Computer using a card reader. You must not use USB cable, since this Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N ROM may not work properly through USBs. But in-case, if you haven’t Memory-card reader then you may try to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 with Computer through USB also. But we’ll always recommend you to use card reader.
Using the Internet, download any one of the given file Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N Odexed firmware for Galaxy S4 i9505 download.zip or Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N Deodexed firmware for Galaxy S4 i9505 download.zip file in your Computer.
Now, copy the above downloaded .zip file in a folder named as “root” under your SD Card. Don’t run or try to open this file, just copy it in the folder.
Now, remove your memory card from the Computer. Then shut-down your Android smartphone and then again insert back memory card in the phone.
Now, enter into the Recovery Mode. For this just press the Up Volume & Home button simultaneously, and while pressing these buttons press down your Power button at the same time.
Since you are now in the Recovery Mode, select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option to wipe off all of the data and after doing it, select “Wipe Cache Partition” option for wiping off all the caches from your phone memory.
Now, move into the “Advanced” settings and there select the “Wipe Dalvik Cache” option to wipe out “Dalvik Cache” too from your Android smartphone.
Next, select the “Install zip from SD card” option, and then select the “Choose zip from SD card” option to browse into your SD Card. Now, navigate up to the downloaded “Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 download.zip” file for flashing it on your phone.
Now get yourself back to the main menu by pressing back button and then reboot your Android phone.
After this, you’ll have Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N ROM installed over your Android device. Thus now the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 users can enjoy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N ROM in their phones.
Update: The link for downloading Android 4.3 Jelly Bean JWR66N ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 has been removed from this tutorial as it had become a ‘dead link’ after sometime (as reported by many of our site readers!). Keep checking back our site as we will soon be updating the new working link for downloading the ROM.
Get more about Android basics: