In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to format your Samsung Galaxy Y. Just follow the simple steps given below:
Samsung Galaxy Y is featured with 830 MHz ARM 6 Processor, a RAM of just 290 MB, and a 32 GB upgradable storage. Like the previous Samsung’s Smartphones, it has also created a large user base or fan base. With an affordable price range, they also have provided some really good features with an elegant design and stunning look
Android Smartphone are an excellent way to take all your private and important files, images, data, and all other imperative data with you. Thus we can declare that it is one of the finest gadgets in our pocket which has plenty of information regarding you.
So in this tutorial we will be showing you how to format your Samsung Galaxy Y. Just follow the simple steps given below
This tutorial will definitely work when using Samsung Galaxy Y only. While working of it on others is not yet confirmed. On applying this installation to another model or device may give an unwanted result. While applying this update we will not be responsible if anything occurs to your device, so continue at your own risk.
- For successful completion of this process charge your phone up to a minimum of 75% battery.
- You must take a back-up of all your personnel items and other impotent data, such as Call Logs, SMS, Contacts, Audios, Images, Videos, APN (Access Point Names) settings, Bookmarks, MMS settings, on your phone.
- One must install a custom recovery image particularly for his Android device. To do this, ClockworkMod Recovery should be downloaded using the Internet.
- You must enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Y. Just follow, Settings–>Applications–>Development–>USB debugging. There select the USB Debugging icon.
Steps for Increasing RAM of Samsung Galaxy Y
Firstly, press down the power button to turn off your Galaxy Y or just simply type *2767*3855# and then dial it to let your phone to be reboot. After the complete shut-down of phone, press and hold down the following buttons:
- Menu button
- Up Volume button
- Power button
Now, wait for Recovery menu to appear on the screen. It will take almost around 5-6 seconds.
On the screen you’ll view four options:
- Factory Reset /Wipe Data
- Reboot System
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Apply Update from SD Card
Now, using the Down Volume button, choose the Factory Reset /Wipe Data option and then using the Menu button select that option.
Finally, your Samsung Galaxy Y will get rebooted after the successful operation and your phone will be successfully formatted.
- How to Flash ClockworkMod touch recovery 188.8.131.52 image for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- How to Flash ClockworkMod touch recovery 184.108.40.206 image for Samsung Galaxy S3
- How to Flash ClockworkMod touch recovery 220.127.116.11 image on HTC One X